Last updated 6-21-18
What Type of Data Do We Collect?
Generally, we collect or maintain the following categories of data:
- Customer Registration Data: when a customer utilizes our services, creates an account at pcpsi.com or registers for an event, we collect information from that customer, which we refer to in this Policy as “Customer Registration Data.” The amount and type of Customer Registration data that PCPSI gathers depends on the nature of services a customer is interested in using. Generally the Customer Registration Data we collect includes contact name(s), e-mail address, phone number(s) as well as information about services requested. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type, expiration date and a portion of your payment card number; however, we do not store or have access to full payment card numbers as all transactions are processed by our third-party payment processors. Depending on the services the Customer requests, we may also collect their emergency contact information, the Customer’s home details and Customer pet information. Customers can designate their own unique username and password to access their Customer Registration data through PCPSI’s scheduling software, which can be found via the www.pcpsi.com website.
- Website Visitor Data: PCPSI collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how pcpsi.com visitors use its website. We may occasionally release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by providing analytics to a third party or consultant to identify usage trends and areas for improvement. PCPSI also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses for logged in users on our site(s). PCPSI only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below in the Policy.
- Other Data: We may also collect information about customers or potential customers from our social media pages, during promotional events or from users who submit their information to PCPSI in order to subscribe to our mailing lists or receive preliminary information about our products and services.
- Hiring Data: If you are a PCPSI employee or have previously applied for a position with PCPSI, we and our third-party service providers may also collect certain personal information from you for purposes of verifying your identity, checking references and/or conducting a background check.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We may use the information we collect and maintain, including any personal data, for the following purposes:
- To contact you for marketing and promotional purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone.
- To process orders, requests and payments, and to communicate with our customers about their accounts or any requests, orders or payments;
- To provide requested services to our customers, (In such cases, our customers are responsible for the reliability and accuracy of the Customer Registration Data used by PCPSI to provide any and all services.)
- To respond to any inquiries submitted to us and to occasionally provide technical support to customers and Site visitors.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to customers or Site visitors, and to otherwise personalize experiences at the Site;
- To tailor the content, information and offers that we may send or display to customers, prospects or Site visitors on third-party sites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our Site and services and responding to customer and visitor desires and preferences; and
How Do We Disclose the Data We Collect?
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform the following functions on our behalf: such as credit card processing to bill you for goods and services, scheduling services, dog and cat training, customer relationship management services, and internal system monitoring and performance services. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal data and to use such information only as directed by us.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if part or of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the personal data we have collected to the acquiring company or entity.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may also disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect PCPSI and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding: illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or animal, protection of client or company property, workman’s compensation claims, or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies.
- Aggregate and De-identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information, such as Site Data, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes; however, we do not disclose personal data to such third parties.
Why Do You Receive Marketing Communications?
If you received one or more marketing or promotional e-mails, such as a newsletter or email blast from us, it means that (a) your email address is on our list of customers, or prospective customers; or (b) you have provided us your email address so that we could contact you. If you believe you received an email from us in error, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
How Can You Stop Receiving Marketing Communications?
Each marketing or promotional email PCPSI sends contains an unsubscribe link through which you may easily opt-out of receiving future emails from us. If you do not wish to receive such emails from us, simply click the unsubscribe link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe your e-mail address or to change your preferences about the types of e-mail we send you.
If you have unsubscribed but continue to receive e-mail from us you may report this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribe requests may take up to 7 — 10 days to process. If you receive any other types of marketing communication from PCPSI and no longer wish to receive it, you may report this to email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you Service-related emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations with you.
What About Public Blogs or Public Testimonials?
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas is visible to and may be read, collected, used or disclosed by any visitor to the Site. To request removal of your personal data from our blog contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, even after removal from the Site, certain content may remain in our systems for a period of time, or may be viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site.
We often post customer testimonials on our web site, which may contain personal data like the customer’s first name. To request removal of your personal data from our testimonials, contact us at email@example.com.
How Do We Secure the Personal Data We Collect?
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and inappropriate alteration of the personal data that we collect or maintain. Each Customer can set up their own unique user name and password that must be entered when logging in to their customer account. No data security measures, however, can guarantee 100% security all of the time. While we strive to protect your data from unauthorized use or disclosure, PCPSI does not warrant or guarantee the security of the data that you provide to us.
The security of your personal data is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration site(s) on invoices or via our scheduling system, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
What About Third Party Websites?
The Site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party websites. Customers and visitors who link to other third party websites from the Site should check the privacy and security policy statements of such third party websites to understand the policies and practices of such third party websites as we are not responsible for those policies and practices. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information to the owner of such third party websites. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
How Can I Access My Information?
Customers may access and amend the Customer Registration Data and other account information we have collected from them by logging in to their accounts and changing their account information. In addition, individuals may request access to and modification or deletion of any personal data we have collected about them by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your access request within 14 days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, support our business operations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
What About Children Under 18?
Our Site and services are not intended to be used by children under 18 years of age. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Customer Registration Data, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
By telephone: 214-828-0192
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: PCPSI, P.O. Box 141319, Dallas, TX 75214-1319