Join us Sunday, January 24th for a 2-part educational seminar:
“Valuable Dog & Cat Life Skills the Pros Use”
“Essential Dog Handling Skills for Every Dog Owner”
Scott Sheaffer, CDBC, CPDT-KA, will be discussing best practices of human-dog interactions including: dog handling techniques, proper leash walking and all-import safety practices. In addition, Scott Will teach:
- Healthy approaches to working with and rehabilitating rescue dogs.
- How to read dog body language.
- The impact of both positive and negative reinforcement and punishment techniques commonly used.
- How to handle real world scenarios, like avoiding dog bites, breaking up a dog fight and handling off-leash dogs that approach you while on a walk.
Scott is a certified dog behavior consultant, specializing in behavior issues in dogs six months or older. He earned the CDBC (Certified Dog Behavior Consultant) designation from the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants after meeting requisite education, experience and testing standards. He also received the CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer) designation from the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. In addition to private consultations, Scott conducts seminars for professional dog trainers, veterinary practices, rescue shelters and dog owner groups. He is a consultant for municipal animal control services and is a legal consultant in dog bite cases.
“The ABC’s of C-A-Ts: Cat Behavior Secrets Revealed”
Yes, cats can be funny, fussy, frustrating and even a bit freaky. Learn how to “speak” cat. National pet expert Arden Moore, author of The Cat Behavior Answer Book and host of the ‘Oh Behave’ radio show on Pet Life Radio, will be your guide to unlocking the mysteries behind how cats think and act.
- Discover why your cat insists on being on the top of your refrigerator – or leaving a dead bird on your pillow.
- Find out why your cat boycotts the litter box.
- Learn your cat’s mood by her tail movements.
- Learn the early signs that your cat may be ill.
- Find out why your cat scratches everything and what to do about it.
- And what to you do when you have ‘dueling’ cats under one roof?
Ready to learn the skills the pros use? Qualifies for 4 CEU’s for CPDT & IAABC Trainers and potentially other pet related programs.
On line sign up is now closed. If you would still like to attend you may purchase tickets at the door.
You can also visit us on Facebook to keep up with our latest events and happenings. If you have any additional questions about this event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see pictures from our past seminars and training sessions.